Moving as given, is a stressful experience indeed under any situation and conditions. It tends to bring a new set of challenges further during the pandemic the entire world is experiencing. These challenges can be to find a new home, to get permissions to move in or move out of the apartment and getting the right Packers and Movers Bangalore to safely move your belongings. The distancing protocol has made things further complicated so far as survey of your goods is concerned.
You may not just think about moving out of your current home, but most of us have reconsidered this decision and have moved out or planning to move out back to our homes given the Work from Home assignments. As living at the current locations is not worth it anymore as offices are locked due to Work from Home assignments, we are witnessing more bachelors, both males and females, heading back home with an intent to get back to their work locations once the pandemic is nearing the end.
But before you actually finalize your relocation plans, you might have too much in hand to consider a move during the pandemic. Consider the following tips to make a concrete decision:
- Learn about your apartment association prerequisites: If you are living in a gated community or an apartment complex, ensure you learn the new rules and regulations as set by the association with regards to movement in and out of the housing society. There are a new set of policies most associations have enacted in response to the pandemic for people renting out flats, moving in to the society and moving out of the society. These rules are generally framed about the restricted timing for moving in and out of the society and the transporters protocols that they are bound to follow to enter the premises.
- Check the mover’s safety precautions: Since your housing society have defined vendor protocols, you need to ensure that the movers you plan to hire follow all safety precautions that may include the temperature checking of the manpower, basic necessities like masks and sanitizers, disinfecting the packing material and sanitized truck. The association rules apart, it is also important for you to check the safety protocols to take care of your family, your belongings and yourself.
- Conduct a virtual survey: While the best way to get the most accurate quotes is to get the movers on site for a physical survey of goods. But given the restrictions and standardization of movement in the housing communities to follow safety protocols, both home owners and the movers must come to an agreement for a virtual tour of your home to limit the exercise of strangers visiting inside the housing society. The downside however may be the dependency towards imagination if the movers are not technologically advanced, which unfortunately is true with most. Therefore, we earnestly appeal to our prospects to visit our website and utilize the unique inventory tool that we have developed on cubic feet metrics returning 97% accuracy on your inventory delivering most accurate quotes.
- Be cautious towards random quotes: The current economic downturn due to the frequent lockdowns have affected not one but many businesses across spectrum. Companies are looking for business at desperate conditions and consequently dropping the pricing and quality of products and services or charging very high prices to cope up to the losses. Do a proper due diligence with the moving companies in your research and invite multiple quotes to get the hang of the prevalent pricing. You may also ask for referrals from friends and colleagues for recommendations and pricing suggestions. While a reliable moving company is what people vie for each time they move, it is now during the pandemic that you need a reliable mover to help you relocate trouble free.
- Enforce mask wearing and hand sanitizing: Since packing, loading and unloading is a laborious task, the movers at a certain point may want to remove the masks to get more oxygen in the midst of heavy lifting. You are not supposed to be compassionate and may rather want to behave rudely to ask them to put it back. They too may appreciate the safety protocols that you want them to follow during the entire process.
- Be more flexible: Moving is definitely a daunting task during the current circumstances and even planning ahead may not help you navigate with your relocation with ease. The situation is unpredictable and your move can be postponed for a variety of reasons, the prominent one being the denial of truck movement by the association on a particular day. Alert the movers too about the sudden change in dates and review their rescheduling policies. Most movers have also surrendered to the current situation and do not unreasonably charge for rescheduling, however, it becomes your prerogative to communicate with the chosen mover about the change in schedules given an uncontrollable situation.
- Sanitize your new home: Ensure that you clean and sanitize your new home a day before you move in and continue with sanitizing after the move. Whether you are doing it by yourself or hiring a cleaning company, ensure every nook and corner of your new home is sanitized before you move in. Take extra precautions with doorknobs, switches, shelves and wardrobes as these are highly used surfaces.
- Be compassionate towards yourself: Everything is tough during the pandemic, hence, giving yourself extra time and compassion is definitely called for. Take a week off from work since multi-tasking can become difficult following the COVID related protocols. Focus only on your relocation during this off time and make a worry free and a comfortable move.
Experts are constantly advising that social distancing is the most effective way to kill the spread of virus. And therefore, you are strongly advised to hire Packers and Movers Hyderabad who are well trained and follow contactless protocols that lets you manage your own move and avoid physical interaction with the manpower that has descended at your home to complete the moving process. The best example could be the live inventory management instructions provided through the online portal or mobile application that will help reduce physical interaction and speed up the packing and loading process whether you are moving locally within the city or long distance outside the city.