Packers and Movers and Car Transporters who simply provide quotes considering just the size of your house 1BHK, 2BHK and so on are a certain negative. They are required to do a thorough survey of your household goods to provide accurate quotes and suggest the right packing for different goods. This ensures safe transit and delivery with minimum damages.
Guide to choosing the right Packers and Movers
Look for their websites and ensure they have a physical address in your city. Having no address or just a street name and phone number could be an indicator the business is not legitimate. Look for a valid registration number issued by the competent authority. This can be produced upon demand in the following forms;
- GST certificate
- Proprietorship certificate
- Partnership certificate
- Private Limited company
- Public limited company
Additionally, you may also check their PAN and Aadhar cards that they make available for scrutiny on individual names. All Packers and movers should have an active operating office space with adequate infrastructure.
Also, check on their website for certification from prominent service and relocation organizations like;
- ISO 9001 – Quality: ISO 9001 quality accreditation outlines the responsibilities to the employees and builds accountability into processes for day-to-day operations.
- ISO 27001 – Information Security and Data Protection: Quality accreditation for the privacy of customers and the protection of their personal data.
- IAM: International Association of Movers -The moving and forwarding industry’s largest global trade association, is a union comprised of auditing, forwarding, moving, and shipping companies located in over 160 countries.
- FIDI: Fédération Internationale des Déménageurs Internationaux (International Federation of International Movers). Established in 1950, headquartered in Brussels, FIDI is the largest global alliance of independent quality international removal companies.
It is an indicator Packers and Movers are committed to providing quality customer care if they become members of all or any of these organizations. This also becomes a measure to keep a tab on rogue moving companies and other fly-by-night carriers that pose a real threat to your goods in transit. Unfortunately, the rise in internet services has made it much easier for such scams to thrive since it gives easy access to prospective customers.
Relocation in India is cyclical and moves mostly happen during March to August when most companies tend to promote and officially transfer their employees. This also coincides with the school reopening of their wards. And it is during this period that you find such rogue operators set up their single desk shop, often multiple operators working under a single shutter roof. They typically advertise on Online media and trap the gullible.
Most Packers and Movers may not be registered with such esteemed organizations which again may not mean they are a fraud. So how would you identify such movers? We confidently advise you to trust MovingNow.in, a proud pioneer of Online Logistics Solutions for Consumers and Businesses aggregating trusted moving companies in India that are adequately certified by the competent local authorities.
- How do you start: Word of mouth can be a great asset in selecting the right moving company. You may ask your friends and relatives or the association in your housing society if they have had positive experiences with any of the moving companies. Or simply visit in to find your trusted Packers and Movers.
- Receiving quotes: Typically, a representative would visit your home for a survey to provide you an estimated cost of the move after performing the household survey. You are advised to beware of quotes given over the phone. The way you describe your articles and the way a moving company may perceive may differ, leading to inaccurate quotes. in has developed a unique online tool for household goods survey that produces accurate volumes to provide accurate quotes.
- Importance of Timing: Make your moving arrangements well in advance. Ideally a month before the actual moving date. March to July is known as the “Peak Season” since this is when most of the official transfers happen and the new academic year begins. Your advance arrangement with Movers and Packers becomes all the more important if your move falls during this period.
- Multiple quotes evaluation: Give a thought to the commitment levels of the surveyor. Try to get their confidence that he will be there to help you through your planning, and proper packing and loading. You can also identify their commitment levels when they present to you with their comprehensive brochure. Moving companies that ask for advance payment during the quotation leave a bitter experience at your door and are a strict negative.
MovingNow.in presents a One-of-its-kind website in India offering live, transparent quotes for your House Shifting, Car and Bike transportation. With its unique online tool for the survey of household inventory, you can avoid the visit of an unfriendly surveyor from the moving company to conduct a messy survey. We provide never seen before pricing and have created a benchmark in transparency for your moving expenditure through our unique pricing algorithm.
Economy, Savings and Reliability have been the 3 guiding principles of our pricing algorithm. We partner with some of the best moving companies in India and allow you to research prominent moving companies before you hire.