Treat this as your guide to moving etiquette. Whether you are moving locally within the city or moving long distance, hiring movers is a surest way to make things easy to this move into your new home. Such events in your life prove the importance of the labor you hire at a cost to receive the assistance for your move. And getting help from professional Packers and Movers Hyderabad or in any other location in India for that matter will make your relocation efficient and stress-free.
While all movers that you research before hiring are there to help you relocate, not all of them are equal or are rated high by their users. You might also end up hiring those who can give you more stress in the bargain. Exactly the reason for you research diligently for the best moving company in your city by consulting your peers for reputed movers for a hassle-free move.
With all said and done, hiring professional movers is not a cheap activity. You are also supposed to pay tips to the labor apart from the quoted rates. For this reason, you find most people fall shy of hiring professionals for assistance and look to complete the process on DIY. But the perks of hiring the professionals are the savings of hardship and the related frustration associated with relocation despite the additional tipping cost of the entire team.
You must also have plenty of questions running your head before you agree to make certain compromises to tip the all deserving movers. You must also be aware of the advantages of hiring professional Packers and Movers Bangalore and whet those against the practical assistance you receive before arriving at the tipping figure. Let’s first look at the advantages you can derive by hiring professional movers:
- They clean and sanitize your stuff: It is understandable to question the safety of allowing strangers touch your stuff given the current COVID pandemic. Professional movers too understand this issue at hand and take intensive precautions by wearing masks and carrying sanitizers before touching your stuff. Moving companies also ensure regular temperature checks of their manpower and send the healthiest team for the job.
- Nothing is left behind: They create an inventory list of your belongings to ensure everything is packed and loaded. They help you run through this list at the time of loading to retrieve the forgotten stuff and quickly pack and load the same.
- Digital payments: Professional movers realize the need of contact-less transaction and avoid cash transactions. While only a few have integrated payment gateways for payments, most movers offer you UPI based transactions like Google Pay, BHIM, Phone Pay and other such modes to keep things safe.
- Organized process: Professional movers have a standard operating process to attain workflow efficiency that is delivered by well-trained teams. Such practices ensure safety of your belongings during the entire process. The team is managed by a supervisor whose job is to guide the manpower about the priority in the packing and loading of stuff. They take extra care by labelling the boxes to avoid any kind of confusion during unloading and unpacking.
- Safe transport: Moving heavy furniture can break your back should you consider a DIY move. Professional movers come equipped with 2 and 4 wheeler trolleys to safely move your furniture from loading and unloading from the moving truck. They usually work in teams to efficiently and safely dismantle, pack, load, unload and rearrange your furniture in the new home. This efficiency is also displayed when handling your antiques and fragile items.
Should I tip the movers?
It is a no-brainer to give a second thought on whether you should tip the moving team now that you have read the major advantages of hiring professionals for your relocation. Giving them generous tips is a sign of gratitude for all help you have received from them. They too feel rewarded when they receive cash as tips for all the hard work they have done.
But how much should I tip the movers for the job well done? The lingering question also attaches the importance to the location you are currently residing since the rates may differ from location to location given their cost of living. You will also like to factor in the total number of manpower at work and number of hours that the movers have taken to relocate your belongings. Below is the number of teams typically sent for the move:
- 1 BHK: Team of 3 members
- 2 BHK: Team of 4 members
- 3 BHK: Team of 5 members
- 4 BHK: Team of 6 members
You can look at tipping the teams similar to the tips you give in restaurants. While the figure may by at your sole discretion, the recommended figure may be to tip a 3 members team with Rs.300/- going upwards to a maximum of Rs.1000/- for a large home. After all moving costs are prohibitive and giving huge tips is certainly not an obligation, while we totally leave it to your generosity.
For situations where you are not able to pay tips, you can also show gratitude to the moving teams by offering refreshing drinks and meals. While this is not considered as tip, they will also appreciate this gesture of yours. While a few moving teams may consider this a one way of tipping, there may be others who might expect cash tips on top of the meals you have offered. They situation may not be worrisome, but things can go somewhat unpleasant with their rude demand for cash tips.
The advantages notwithstanding, the following events too can be your guide to help you define how much you should tip the moving teams:
- The total volume of your belongings. Whether you have heavy furniture to be moved.
- The number of manpower deployed for your move
- Your current location of residence
- The total number of hours they have given for your relocation
- Their courteous behavior and professional service
- The total distance between your old home and new home
You also need to consider when to give the tips since there are 2 different jobs:
- Packing and loading
- Unloading and rearranging
There may be chances that different teams are deployed by professional Packers and Movers Delhi on these 2 different occasions, especially if you are moving long distance out of city. Your timing is important over here since it may result some of the members missing out of receiving cash rewards for their hard work. While you should not get worked up on this piece, contacting the moving company before tipping is the right thing to do to ensure you have given tips to the manpower at both ends.