To constantly excel in our services, we always remain attentive towards each of the orders we deliver right from the day we went live in November 2017. With each move we learned there is a lot to be done and remembered while packing stuff for home relocation, so we have compiled a comprehensive Moving Checklist to assist you at every step a few weeks prior to your proposed move. This Check-List we thought best will take you through the entire moving process from start to finish.
We have prepared a comprehensive checklist for you taking you through the entire process covering a few weeks before your proposed move to the actual moving day providing detailed review from renting your new home and arranging school for your children to finalizing the right Packers and Movers and Car Transport Services for transporting your household goods with utmost safety from our validate list of transporters.
Avoid costly moving mistakes with the help of our moving Check-List. For additional help during your proposed move, look no further. MovingNow shows people how to significantly reduce moving costs by providing them with a unique online survey which calculates the right cost for the given volume. You pay only for space your inventory occupies in the truck.
General checklist for Home relocation
You may have unnecessary stuff that you don’t or seldom use. You must effectively reduce the inventory and should decide which items can be sold and which can be given away to the scrap merchant. If you need new furniture and utility items, order them much earlier and arrange for delivery when you move into your new home. Check for your vehicle insurance whether it includes transit insurance which may save you enough money from buying a new insurance cover. Just in case you are not using the services of professional Packers and Movers, you may start talking to insurance companies in the absence of comprehensive insurance for your car.
4 weeks before the move:
- Reconfirm the date of your actual move
- Notify your utility service companies to shift your Landline phone, TV, Internet and Gas connections from the current city
- Start getting rid of possessions you no longer need. Decide which items can be sold and which can be given away to the scrap merchant
- Talk to several moving companies and obtain quotes. Or visit MovingNow.in to save you from all the energies that you may otherwise need during the move day
- In case you are not hiring professional Movers and Packers, you may start talking to the individual truck owner/operator to help you make the move
2 weeks before the move:
- Start packing non-essential items such as books and non-seasonal clothes into boxes
- Notify your milkman and newspaper delivery that you’ll be moving and give them the date you would want the service to stop
- Plan to carry yourself important legal documents and expensive jewelry
- Make a note of any precious or fragile items that require special care to move.
- Finalize arrangements with the moving company you have hired. Confirm arrival times and make sure the Packers and Movers you hired have directions to your new address
1 week before moving day:
- Notify the bank for the change of address and ensure the new address is updated
- Arrange for gas, telephone and internet connections at the new home
- Disassemble outdoor items like Air conditioners and coolers
- Draw up a plan for each room in your new home with furniture placement and hand it over to the moving company’s supervisor.
- Arrange for access and parking for the moving truck at your new premises
1 day before the move:
- Defrost and empty out your refrigerator
- Unplug and tie-up all electronic appliances cords
- Keep necessary cash-in-hand
- Bid good-bye to your old neighbors, friends, and colleagues
- Prepare an action plan for the moving day
- If you have children or pets, arrange for someone to look after them
- Guide the movers with the action plan for removals. It’s important to ask them to load kitchen boxes last so they are unloaded first off the truck
- Keep an eye on all items as they are loaded into the moving truck
- Check the balcony area, tops of cupboards and open up drawers for anything left out
- Return all keys to the house owner or the representative before moving
Just like any complex process, house shifting to benefits from organized planning that breaks the process down into manageable stages spread over a few weeks. To keep your relocation organized and on track, visit MovingNow.in and get started on planning and executing your next move.