38% of all vendor alliances by the Corporates fail, irrespective of their nature of service. This is presumably so because most of the companies suffer by avoiding a long-term service contract and by ignoring a vendor relationship management program that is vital for a successful vendor collaboration. We understand that not all vendors are the same, thus maintaining a relationship cannot be measured by the same yardstick.
Vendors are termed by the Corporates as 3rd parties and prefer to sign a written contract framing all major terms and conditions proposed to be covered under the services delivered. However, not all vendors prefer to work under a contract, especially Packers and Movers Hyderabad or in any other city in India for that matter. Yet, Corporates insist everything from their perspective with relation to the products or services delivered by the 3rd party must be taken into account in a written contract to derive more value out of their vendor relationship.
Relocating your employees consistently ranks as one of the top activities for your HR who are always on the lookout for a vendor to offer seamless relocation services. In order for any Corporate to successfully sign a contract with a moving company, we believe you must ask them the following questions to determine their character whether they fit your bill:
- Every employee in your company will have unique needs according to their individual lifestyles. Can the moving company adapt their services according to the individual needs by providing custom moving services to each of their employee in case of relocation?
- When your employees find out they are transferred to a different location, they are typically chocked with emotions. And when that is translated to logistics, the entire excitement dies down due to the hassles involved and leaves them underprepared to handle the situation. This situation can best be managed by moving companies that put modern equipment and technology to use. Is the moving company equipped with modern tools and equipment? And does it put technology to use to assist their clients for a seamless relocation experience?
- While newer ideas from the new generation of entrepreneurs are always welcome, it is the experience that counts. How long has the moving company been in business and how many satisfied customers’ references it can provide?
- A Corporate is primarily focused on a cost-effective solution for all endeavors as even in the case of relocating their employees. Can the moving company control costs and deliver optimum value for each move it takes up?
- Most individuals treat their personal belongings as precious and treasure them with an emotional bond be it their furniture, antiques, vehicles, or their pets. Can the moving company provide a professional and compassionate service to make the move as comfortable and stress-free as possible?
- While you seek value for money, you get what you pay for basically. Most businesses in the competitive environment offer services according to the payment they receive. Will the moving company compromise on the quality of packing and deploy less experienced manpower in order to reduce their costs?
- The most desired attribute in a vendor is their transparent and honest standard of operations. Will the moving company provide the process and pricing information in detail to achieve contractual obligations?
- As a multi-national corporate, your employees could be moving globally and you might need to negotiate with a vendor that is adept at offering domestic as well as international relocation services. Is the moving company operational only in India or does it have worldwide operations?
- Transit damages are part and parcel of relocation and it gets pretty difficult for individuals to deal with the situation when it comes to placing insurance claims. They are made to run from pillar to post if a seamless process is not put in place. Will your moving company provide a seamless process for a quick resolution to process insurance claims for transit damage or theft?
- Finally, it is the capability and tracks record of the officer-in-charge in Corporate HR leading the effort to pick the right Packers and Movers Bangalore or whichever city you are based out of. As an HR professional tasked with the shortlisting of relocation companies, do you have faith in the mover to get the job done? Do you have faith in the chosen moving company that it will abide by the contract that you have prepared?
Typically, when Corporations begin to look for relocations vendors, their teams are more likely going on Google search to find reliable moving companies. The search might provide an overwhelming result, the shortlisting of which might become as important as the framing of contract terms and conditions. Great chances that the search results might provide you with similar sounding names in different cities, but with different owners and registrations if you ponder a bit further. The customer reviews tend to vary from each of such companies, thus confirming their scandalous nature.
You would normally search for professional Packers and Movers Delhi or some other city and come across a reviews that may be a mixture of original or a work of fiction by the moving company. But even the most bizarre reviews and comments are visible online to help you make a wise decision. Choose the one that is best for your employees, after all, your reputation as a Corporate must remain one with them that you can be proud of. Build a solid process to choose among the vendors which over a period of time becomes your SoP that drives the vendors towards your company since they would know what to expect when they enter into a contract with your company.